Monday, January 11, 2016

By Unknown
Blooddrop Clothing and Fineries


Blooddrop Clothing & Fineries
Product Review

Back over Black Friday weekend, Blooddrop had a nice sale, so I grabbed a couple of mystery items. And then the Christmas hubbub died down finally, and we found muchos mold in our apartment and have spent the past week with contractors coming in and out to replace the bottom half of a lot of our walls. So our bedroom is in our living room and our closets are on another floor in another apartment entirely. But never fear, it did not stop me from taking baths and trying new products! So let’s see what came in my Mystery Package.

Blooddrop Clothing and Fineries

Cashmere Bath Oil

Wood notes, baby powder, dark patchouli, clove, ylang ylang and fig.
I’m not generally one for bath oil. It does not absorbs into my skin, and I always have to shower afterwards. I also have rarely found bath oil that felt luxurious and not “a bit slimy and disgusting.” This is a very silky smooth oil. I still had to wash it off after, but it was soft and lovely to be in. I think Solstice Scent’s GlacĂ© is slightly silkier, but we’d be comparing tangerines to tangelos. They are both lovely; they both are wonderful to bathe in. The difference is minute.

The scent is very feminine, heavy on the baby powder with touches of fig. It has fantastic throw and a little bit goes a long way on scent. I don’t see this option on her website, but I do see some others that look quite tempting.


Blooddrop Clothing and Fineries

Blooddrop Clothing and Fineries

Milk & Honey Pumpkin Mocha Latte Soak

Espresso with chocolate syrup and pumpkin pie spices accented with nourishing pumpkin seed oil.
This one is a little hard for me to review. I know, in theory, what milk bath soaks do. They soften the water and your skin, so you feel relaxed and refreshed. I’ve always had to oversaturate the water to get that feeling, and this was not something I wanted to do with this one. It seemed like a pleasant bath; I wouldn’t say I noticed an amazing moisturizer to it, though I’m sure it’s quite lovely. Having naturally oily skin- I tend to only realize how moisturizing things are when I’m left scrubbing them off afterwards. It did seem to soften the water nicely. That being said, I would happily use the whole thing if the scent were more along my lines. As it is, I’ll see if Kristin likes it. It dissolved well without the complication of finding too many little stubborn bits.

Before getting wet, this smells very heavy on the chocolate notes with bits of gourd and espresso and perhaps a touch of cream. When dissolved it has that steamed mocha smell and the pumpkin really ran into the background. I could barely smell it at all, which was nice since I discovered this past Autumn that I really like the idea of pumpkin, but actually kind of hate the smell of it in perfumes.

Blooddrop Clothing and Fineries

Blooddrop Clothing and Fineries

Blooddrop Clothing and Fineries

Acai & Tucuma Blend Solid Moisturizer for the Body (and hair)

This blend is scented with a leafy green and light, but tart berry scent.
How to Use: Use on all your dry and itchy parts (externally, of course) or a as preventative for dry skin. Great after shaving or getting ink. This works best in the bath tub or shower as it will gently melt with the warmth of your skin when it’s soft and moist, but feel free to use it as a solid lotion, too. 
This particular blend can also be used on dry hair and split ends! You can use as a treatment on your ends before your shampoo by massaging into your damp ends and leaving to sit for 10-30 minutes and then shampoo off or use as a sealant after your shampoo and apply a very small amount to your ends, using downwards sealing motion.

When I used this as a solid lotion, it worked great. It absorbed into my hands surprisingly quickly, giving my issues with lotions. I also tried it in the shower after shaving. I decided I would just rub it all over the freshly shaved skin and see what happened. It didn’t absorb. Okay, let’s rub it in and see what happens. Okay, well now it’s all over my legs and not absorbing and all over my hands and not absorbing. Awesome. Okay, we’ll just wrap up in a towel and see what happens. It’s still not absorbing. Okay, scrub the excess off with a towel and just go get dressed. I think I should have put the lotion on my hands, and then rubbed it into my legs, as opposed to rubbing it straight onto my skin from the stick.

The smell is soft and a little fruity. I had to look up what Tucuma is. Apparently it’s a Brazillian palm that produces an edible orange fruit. There’s a hint of something perhaps creamy to the lotion’s scent, but it is light and fairly nice. It gives me a nostalgic sense that I can’t place, but I would swear I had smelled it elsewhere.

Final Thoughts

I need to preface this by saying that I like Blooddrop enough that I have already made a Winter Bath and Body purchase. And it was more than one item. I have several perfumes from them, and one of my absolute favorite perfumes is from Blooddrop. That being said, while researching these, I discovered that at least 2/3 were from Winter 2014, which is at least a year old. I couldn’t find any information on the Solid Body Lotion or from what collection it was. I feel a little weird about this. I understand that by buying Mystery Items, I probably wouldn’t get anything from this season, or even perhaps last season. I feel like a year, though, seems a little old. They are severely discounted- a $22 bottle of bath oil was sent to me for $8.50.  But I feel like this raises questions and worries about longevity of the product. I didn’t notice anything that seemed like mold, but the solid lotion does have a couple of weird little specks that I have photographed for your perusal.

Blooddrop Clothing and Fineries

Otherwise, I’m looking forward to my next Blooddrop purchase and reviewing it for you all!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, good luck with the mold! I have never heard of a milk bath soak. Unfortunately enough, I don't take baths often, but otherwise I would definitely get it because the smell sounds wonderful! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realised they were old, so you can't get them anymore. Bummer! Now I'm curious what your favourite perfume is!

      Delete
    2. When AG and Kristin started getting me into the indie world, AG passed on a bunch of perfumes to me. One of them was Blooddrop's Arabian Musk. It is sexy and a little exotic and there is not nearly enough of it to survive much longer. It was from the Winter Simplicities line in 2012, and the notes are "Creamy, soft, apple and jasmine-like notes with amber." It just smells like incense to me. It's warm and a little spicy and I feel so beautiful wearing it.

      Delete