Wednesday, August 26, 2015

By Kristin
Purchased

Hey everyone! Today I'm excited to show you the Shiro Color of the Month for August 2015, as well as its companion shadow. Thanks so much to Kristin for putting together these photo collages while my computer was out of commission! Let's take a look:

Shiro Cosmetics Color of the Month COTM Still not a planet

From the website: Peachy rose shimmer with strong copper-gold shift and turquoise sparkle.

Eye Shadow Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silicon dioxide.

Lip-safe!

Personal Comments: Still Not a Planet is inspired by the loneliest celestial body and its demotion from planetary status a few years back. Peachy rose is a good way to describe it. I spotted some blue sparks in the arm swatches, but they didn't seem to translate to my eyelids over silicone primer. The shift was also pretty shy in practice unless I used glitter glue. Additionally, I found that this shade needed a bit of layering to have full impact on the eye, at which point it looked a touch bronzier and darker than it did in my swatches. This is all nitpicking though! Overall it's a solid neutral shadow and should work nicely for anyone looking for an office-friendly color. 

Swatches are, from left to right, applied over: bare skin, Urban Decay Primer Potion, UDPP + Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy, all taken in partial sun. The angled swatch at top center is the Pixie Epoxy swatch in direct sunlight.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro Cosmetics Color of the Month COTM Largest Moon of Still Not A Planet

From the website: Rose-tinged taupe with intense turquoise shift and copper-gold sparkle.

Eye Shadow Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silicon dioxide.

Lip-safe!

Personal Comments: The Largest Moon of Still Not a Planet is inspired by Charon, the biggest rock orbiting Pluto. The major selling point on this shade is a reasonably strong blue duochrome which presents itself pretty well even without glitter glue. The base color looked taupe on my arm but came across as more gray on my eyes. As strong as the duo effect is, it's also a bit flighty, and tended to disappear the moment I started blending the edges - easily fixed by patting more on top but it's something to keep in mind. I also found the duochrome didn't want to stick around along my upper lashline, as you can see in the eye look below. This could be due to my heavy lids but I couldn't say for sure. I did get a dusting of blue fallout from this one, so best to do your eyes before your base if you're concerned. 

Swatches are, from left to right, applied over: bare skin, Urban Decay Primer Potion, UDPP + Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy, all taken in partial sun. The angled swatch at top center is the Pixie Epoxy swatch in direct sunlight. 


I did a comparison between The Largest Moon and a couple of Femme Fatale shades from a recent collection:


From lower left to upper right these are Femme Fatale Silver Apple, Shiro The Largest Moon of Still Not a Planet, and Femme Fatale Witch Country. Each shade is swatched over UDPP and then UDPP + Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy. As you can probably tell, Witch Country has the strongest duochrome by far. 

Finally, here are a couple eye looks to show the shadows in action. I started both with UDPP and a base shadow in my skin tone.


I used Still Not a Planet on the lid and the following crease shades applied in this order: Femme Fatale Crystalline Scale, Detrivore blush in Vow, Femme Fatale Impsy, DreamWorld Hermetica Arthur's Shield. I added Detrivore Lobotomy for an inner corner highlight.


This look has The Largest Moon on the lid and lower lashline, My Pretty Zombie Ojo de Gato and Detrivore Catacombs through the crease, and My Pretty Zombie Unicorn Pee in the inner corner. 

These will disappear off the site on September 1, so make sure to snag 'em soon if you're interested!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment