Saturday, January 25, 2014

By AG

Hi everyone! Today I'd like to tell you about a product that has become a staple in my hair routine. My fellow curly haired indie lovers in particular might be interested in this product. To read my thoughts on Haus of Gloi's hair oil, follow the jump! 


Haus of Gloi's hair oil launched midway through 2013, but it didn't really catch my attention until I was browsing the shop in preparation for their Cyber Monday sale. The shop was offering some limited edition scents for Cyber Monday, so I figured it would be fun to kill two birds with one stone by trying their hair oil and their rose note all in one.


Haus of Gloi has a lot to say about their hair oil, and rather than repeat it all here, I encourage you to go to the product page and read about it for yourself. The key points I want to share with you here are that Haus of Gloi recommends this for hair as well as nails, cuticles, and dry spots on the skin. Another thing I found really interesting is their use of daikon radish seed oil, which they claim is a slippery alternative to silicones. Since a low-sulfate, no-silicone routine works very well for my dry and curly hair, I really appreciate Haus of Gloi's efforts to incorporate this silicone alternative. Additionally, the Beauty Brains have taught me that coconut oil is one of the few oils that can actually penetrate the hair shaft and effectively moisturize the hair from inside out, so I'm happy to see it listed as the first ingredient here.


As I said before, I got this in the rose note, which was a limited edition Cyber Monday offering. However, you have all of the brand's permanent and current limited edition scents at your disposal (not to mention an unscented version) so I'm certain everyone can find a scent they love.

But enough with the description, let me tell you how it works! Haus of Gloi gives the following directions for use:
"1-4 drops, depending on length of hair. Works best on damp hair. For dry hair, focus on applying to ends. Works great as hand, nail and cuticle oil. Also works wonders on any dry spots on the body. Avoid mucus membranes and if irritation occurs discontinue use immediately."
So far, I've only used this on damp hair. The first thing I should note is that my copious amounts of moisture-hungry hair devoured four drops instantly and begged for more, so I have ended up using quite a bit more than the recommended amount. My current routine is to separate my hair in half and use one full dropper per half of my head - that is to say, two full droppers' worth of product for my entire head. Don't let this scare you off, though, as my hair tends to eat any product in large quantities. If the recommended amount of a conditioning product is usually enough to make your hair happy, you'll probably be fine using the suggested 1-4 drops.

After using the hair oil for a couple of months, I can confidently say it's an improvement over the previous leave-in conditioning products I was using. A few days after using it for the first time, I absentmindedly touched my hair and noticed it was silkier than usual. It felt similar to how it might feel if I'd used a smoothing silicone product on it. Combined with my usual curl-care routine (which, I should mention, includes layering a light-hold styling gel over the hair oil), it helps my hair curl up nicely, and the curls stay in place for as long as I care to go between washes. The scent is strongest on initial application, but fades fairly quickly, especially after my hair is dry. If I spray my hair with water to help maintain my curls between washes, I'll notice the scent come back at partial strength, but it fades fairly quickly as the hair dries. 

This product is currently listed at $12 for 2 oz, which I honestly think is a very fair price given the amount of product and excellent ingredients list. I'm delighted with the effect it has on my hair and I'm certain the bottle will last me for many months, so I'll definitely be repurchasing this when I run out. Since we've not yet done a Company Overview for Haus of Gloi, I'd like to mention briefly that the company's customer service and shipping are both fast and excellent, and I highly recommend checking out all of their products. If you need some inspiration, you can read our other posts on Haus of Gloi. 

Have you tried Haus of Gloi's hair oil? Do you have any tips for keeping your curly hair happy? Let us know in the comments! And as always, make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment