Thursday, September 12, 2013

By Unknown
Nothing to Disclose

I first found out about Pretty Serious when I was looking for Australian nail polish blogs and I stumbled upon Pretty Random. The blog hasn't been updated in awhile, but there are some amazing swatches of vintage and discontinued polishes if you're a polish collector!

Pretty Serious packaging containing Sparkle Glosses, Nail Polish, and Loose Shadows
Packaging: Out of all the indie brands I've tried so far, my favourite packaging is from Pretty Serious. My order was shipped in a sturdy cardboard box and each item has its own pinky purple box decorated with adorable illustrations by Leigh Young. The products were held together with purple tissue paper to minimise movement during transit.

Loose Shadows come in wide, flat jars, much wider than jars from other indie brands I've tried. Sparkle Glosses come in clear tubes with doe-foot sponge applicators. Nail polish bottles are square with matte black handles. Other than the Loose Shadow jars, there's nothing unexpected or unusual about the packaging.

Pretty Serious Loose Shadow jar size comparison - MAC eyeshadow on the left, NARS blush on the right (I just grabbed what I thought the two most common/recognisable makeup products were, sorry for the randomness!)

Selection: There are 42 nail polishes, 7 Loose Shadows, and 8 Sparkle Glosses. There are also discounted nail polish sets available. The nail polishes do not contain formaldehyde resin are Big 3 free (they do not contain dibutyl phthalate, toluene, and formaldehyde).

Vegan shopping experience: All Pretty Serious products including the nail polishes are vegan and are not tested on animals.

Samples: Unfortunately Pretty Serious doesn't offer samples, however, there is a large Swatch Gallery with images from different bloggers.

Cost: Nail polishes are $9.95AUD and the Loose Shadows and Sparkle Glosses are both $4.95AUD (they were previously $9.95AUD as well so they're a bargain!)

Pretty Serious Sparkle Glosses in BSOD, CGA, and Claris
Customer Service: I haven't had any contact with them, but they are quite active with updates on Facebook.

TAT: There is no TAT listed on the site. My order shipped 4 days after I placed it and I can't remember how long it took before I received it, but I think it came within a few days of it being shipped (I don't remember wondering where my package was like I have with some of my other indie orders.)

Shipping: Pretty Serious is based in Australia and offers international shipping for all items including nail polish, prices varying depending on weight and distance. Pretty Serious is also available at other online retailers if you'd like to purchase Pretty Serious polishes along with other brands or if their shipping options are closer to/better for you (e.g. US based Llarowe, Canada based Harlow & CoNorway based Norway Nails, and Singapore based Mei Mei's Signatures)

Personal Thoughts: I am really impressed by the packaging of the products, both the tubes/jars/bottles themselves as well as the boxes they come in. And of course as an Australian customer, I was very happy to be able to support a local business.


Pretty Serious Sparkle Glosses in Claris, CGA, and BSOD

0 comments:

Post a Comment