Sunday, September 22, 2013

By Unknown
Photographed under a lamp
It's officially spring here in Australia! Though the past few week here in Perth it hasn't feel like it, we've been having heaavvy, heavy rain which prompted me to pull out Girly Bits' Stormy Skies. Here's the description from the Girly Bits' website - "Stormy Skies is from the Sea's the Day Collection. It is a medium blue-grey with a hint of micro-glitter that shows gold or green, depending on the skies. Sparkly and pretty."

Photographed in the shade
Here I've used 3 coats of Stormy Skies with Essie's All in One base coat and No Chips Ahead top coat (I don't have bionic nails like some nail polish and beauty bloggers - most nail polishes stain horrendously on me and last less than 24 hours without a topcoat!). It was a bit patchy after two thin coats so I needed a third for full opacity. What surprised me a bit was the texture, there is a bit of a gritty feeling from the glitter. It's not extremely rough like sandpaper, just something I wasn't expecting. The effect of the glitter is really beautiful, when it catches the light it produces a beautiful shine and I am in love with the blue-grey base since it's a non-traditional nail colour. 

Photographed in direct sunlight
I purchased Stormy Skies from Femme Fatale Cosmetics since I live in Australia, but you can buy Girly Bits polishes directly from their website (they are based in Canada) or one of their authorized distributors. Girly Bits Nail Lacquer are hand blended and poured, big 3 free, 15mL, and not tested on animals.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous on you!! If you really love greys, be sure and try our new ones. Elephant Shoe is a neutral grey creme, and just released is Peel Here, which is a dove grey shimmer/holo, and is one half of our 2nd anniversary duo along with A Stripper Has Been Sleeping In My Bed.
    Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it :) All your suggestions are gorgeous, I'm a bit glitter-ed out at the moment so I'm particularly keen on Elephant Shoe!

      Delete