Thursday, July 25, 2013

By Kristin


Have you heard of Chinovi Cosmetics? I definitely hadn't until a couple months back but I'm really glad that I stumbled upon them.

Chinovi Cosmetics (pronounced shin-o-vee according to their header) is a relatively new indie. chinovicosmetics.com and their associated Store Envy shop were both opened in June 2012 (has it really been a full year since then??). The store envy shop is usually updated with new products before the main website but eventually, all products are listed in both places.

They are based in Nevada, USA and sell mostly eyeshadows but they've recently (as of May 2013) expanded their offerings to a few blushes as well.

Packaging: Jars are packaged together in plastic baggies to prevent anything sliding around. Everything is wrapped in tissue paper and depending on the size of your order, it either comes in a small box or a padded envelope.



Products come plastic sealed - something I really appreciate because it prevents any leakage during travel - and the labels have the full ingredients list as well as a notation as to whether it's a vegan product or not.



Selection: Being a smaller indie, Chinovi has a bit of limited selection of products, with only 64 permanent eyeshadows, 12 in an LE collection and 3 blushes. That being said, I appreciate quality over quantity and the eyeshadows that I've tested so far are excellent. They're also coming out with a line of matte shadows.

Samples: Samples are offered in both baggie ($1 USD) or in jars ($2 USD) and they both contain 1/4 tsp of product. I personally prefer samples in jars but I know others that prefer baggies. The ability to choose is definitely appreciated.

Cost: Eyeshadows are $5 USD for 1-2 grams in a 5g jar. Discounts are offered if you purchase an entire LE collection at once. Blushes are $6 USD for 2-3 grams in a 10g jar. Jars do not come with sifters. Chinovi does offer frequent sales on through their Story Envy and they're announced on their Facebook page. I placed my order during a sale of 40% off any purchase over $10.

Customer Service: I placed a couple orders within a day of each other and I emailed Chinovi to ask if they could just combine the orders. I received an email within 24 hours with a refund for the shipping cost for my second order. :) I appreciated the promptness and the refund without even asking for it!

TAT: Currently listed as 10-14 days. In a recent order, I got the "your order has been shipped" email 11 days after placing it and the package was in my hands 2 days after that.

Jeannie adds (Feb 2014) - I placed an order during the Superbowl sale and I got the "your order has been shipped email" 3 days later. What is truly amazing is that it reached Western Australia 8 business days after I placed my order. I think that's the fastest shipping I've received from any indie brand!  

Personal Thoughts: Chinovi has what is quickly becoming one of my favorite eyeshadow formulas! I've been incredibly impressed by how smooth and blendable they are despite being so new. I've also found some lovely duo-chromes in their selection, though they're not labeled as such so it's a bit of a hunt if you want one. They have a good mixture of shimmer shadows and glitter-y shadows and I really like that they don't fill the glitter ones to the point where it's basically all glitter.

Make sure to check out the rest of our Chinovi reviews and swatches!

0 comments:

Post a Comment