Sunday, August 7, 2016

By Unknown
Haus of Gloi Summer Reverie

Haus of Gloi 
Summer 2016 Reverie

I have bought so much HoG stuff lately. Guys, it’s ridiculous. They’ve gotten so much of my money. But how could I resist yummy fruity scrubs? Spoiler alert- I couldn’t. So I bought them. But only 3 of them. So hopefully AG and Kristin will chime in for me on Summer Garden and Blueberry Tart. (Kristin: This will unfortunately have to wait until a later review.) SMELLS!

U-Pick

Sweet summer apricots in a wooden basket. Apricot, Tahitian vanilla, sandalwood, and cedar. 
So naturally, the moment I got these, I tore into the box to have all the sniffs! This smelled like apricot candy. Yum. In the shower, the apricots shoves itself to the forefront with an undertone of vanilla. It is just like walking past the apricots in the grocery- that bright, juicy scent of apricots begging you to eat them until your stomach aches. Just me? God, they smell good, especially in season.


Haus of Gloi Summer Reverie

Grapefruit Tea 

Pink grapefruit, green tea, bergamot, and Egyptian musk.
One of my favorite HoG scents is Rosy Cheeked from their Yule collection. Ugh that grapefruit mixed with fir. It’s amazing. I was really looking forward to a summer version of that citrus grapefruit tang. When I first sniffed this scrub, it wasn’t awful. It just wasn’t what I was hoping. The tea, musk, and bergamot had beaten the grapefruit into submission and it was a well-rounded sweet, but soft scent. The green tea was surprisingly more prominent than I expected. In the shower, happily, this evolved. The tea was still there, but that gorgeous grapefruit tang came out to play across my skin. This is a refreshing summer scent in the shower. It brightens everything up and made the shower so happy.

Honeysuckle Incense

Heady honeysuckle incense swirling with nag champa and dragon's blood. 
This got stolen from me the moment Mr. J smelled it. First opening the jar it had a floral incense vibe, the nag champa and dragon’s blood blending into the honeysuckle into a powdery incense floral. In the shower, the dragon’s blood was surprisingly the top note. I was honestly expecting the honeysuckle to be the top dog or even the nag champa to fight for that position, but it was dragon’s blood all the way with the honeysuckle floating under it with just a whiff on nag champa. This was so amazing I am staring at a full size bottle of the perfume and seriously considering adding this to my collection. Because how could I not want to douse myself in the smell of honeysuckles and incense, especially one this awesome? Especially since Mr. J claimed ownership of my scrub.


Final Thoughts
I really love the 3 scrubs I picked up, and I’m looking forward to working my way through all the jars. I am going to have the most exfoliated skin anyone has ever seen for a couple of months. I paired Grapefruit Tea and U-Pick with Future Prim’s Railroad Markets whipped soap. It has been a fruit salad of scents in my shower lately. It’s awesome.

Purchase Link

How about you guys? Did you pick up these scents? What are your thoughts on them? And knowing, HoG doesn’t make whipped soap during the summer months, what are you pairing your new scrubs with? Let us know in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment