Sunday, August 21, 2016

By Unknown Future Primitive
Palm Trees & 80° Whipped Body Butter
Fresh cracked coconut, palm sugar, sea salt, and washed up papyrus scrolls shoved into the pocket of a mudlark.
Future Prim recently had their 10th birthday, releasing two whipped body butters - Library and Palm Trees & 80°. I wasn’t able to get my hands on Library as a whipped body butter, but I did manage to get it as a palm oil free soap- you can check out the review here. But for this post- Palm Trees & 80°.

I sat on this lotion for awhile, so I’d have a really good idea on how I felt about it. This is a non-comformist beach scent. When you first open the jar, you are immediately assaulted with sweet from the palm sugar, a deeper sweet than I am used to from a sugar note. Then the coconut comes in directly after, giving you just a moment of surprising sweet before settling into something more identifiable. It has a luscious and creamy coconut, but then veers off into its own area of excitement and beachy vibes. This is like the idealistic scent of studying at the beach. I know that’s such a weird idea. But there’s a vibe of old papers from the papyrus that reminds me of pouring over old books while still being out in the sunshine and sand. I could drink this.


Final Thoughts

Since I live in a place with much milder summers, I don’t really lay out, so this will get a lot more use in the colder months when my skin needs the extra moisture. But for those of you, that need some post-sunshine skin relief, this is going to be an awesome beachy scent that goes beyond the beach.

Have you guy tried any of Future Prim’s Whipped Body Butters? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for all of your reviews! Your Future Primitive reviews have been really helpful for me, who's relatively new to the company. I do have a question: when you order, do you normally select Royal Mail International or Express Courier for your shipping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends- if I'm only buying something small, like a bottle of perfume, I usually go Royal Mail. Courier is way too expensive for a single bottle of perfume for my tastes- it usually doubles the price of what I'm buying. If, however, I'm buying things where I would be heartbroken if they were lost and couldn't be replace (like my autumn order from this weekend), I'll go Courier. It takes like 3 days from shipped to get to me, which is awesome. It's really about how much you're willing to spend and how worried you are about whether or not they'll make it to you. I hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply! May I ask what you ordered from the autumn release? I bought some bar soaps and whipped soaps myself.

      Delete
    3. I got 3 bags of Pumpkin 'Ead bathing grains, a bag of Bell, Book and Candle and a lotion in Bell, Book and candle. I got just a bar soap of Pumpkin 'Ead last year and fell in love. But I have so many soaps and scrubs lying around right now, so I avoided though.

      Delete