Sunday, July 24, 2016

By Unknown

Shiro Cosmetics
Soap?! Hells yea!

So I started this crusade against palm oil, which has led to switching mostly back to whipped soaps because it’s easy. And I like easy.

Luckily, I’ve got some awesome friends looking out for me and enabling me to spend my money. XD AG noticed that Shiro had some bar soaps posted on their Etsy shop…and it didn’t have palm oil listed as an ingredient. Well that needs to be purchased.


I’m really glad I did. I like having bar soap around, if only for around my sink. And my supply has been so low since I transitioned.

In general, palm oil-free soap doesn’t always respond as well with cold water. A good tip is that with bar soap lacking palm oil- the hotter the water, the more it suds. That’s pretty true of soap with palm oil in it too, just less so.


From the website:
This scent is bright and crisp, strong on the orange and fig, with added sweetness from the apple and just a hint of warm depth from the darker notes
This is an amazing fall scent. The fig, the cider. Ugh! I am in full-on “Crave Cold Weather” mode just thinking about it. I am keeping the bar for when it’s starts to get chilly. It’s going to be amazing. It’s actually pretty lightly scented for as many scent notes as it has. Subtle, but tangy.

I cut off a thick slice to try for you and it naturally split on a color break, which isn’t a big deal for me. The rest of the bar will be used as one chunk, so I won’t be cutting it again like I did to try it for you guys. I’ve been really enjoying this soap and have found myself ignoring the other soaps I have around my sink for this guy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment