Sunday, July 10, 2016

By Unknown
Future Primitive Soap Library

Future Primitive 
Palm Oil Free Bar Soap

Recently, Future Prim has begun making palm oil free bar soap in small batches. If you were one of the lucky ones to get your hands on a bar, Congratulations! I happened to, too. Happily in Library- I’m a sucker for book scents.

Future Primitive Soap Library

As you can see from the packaging, it got a makeover; the bar soap now residing in a stickered bag that is all things adorable. I don’t know if the palm oil soap also got a makeover since I’m not purchasing, but I do love this bag. It fits perfectly into the Future Prim packaging theme.

Future Primitive Soap Library

So first the ingredients:
Sodium cocoate, Sodium olivate, Sodium ricebranate, Sodium castorate, Sodium cocoa butterate, Sodium kokum butterate, Sodium mango butterate, Aqua, Parfum, Benzyl benzoate, Benzyl alcohol.
I did a lot of Googling. There are a lot of fatty acid salts in this soap. Which is great. I wouldn’t recognize this as a bar soap made nontraditional, had I not known. It works just as wonderfully as every other bar of soap I have purchased from FP. I would note: that like most bar soaps, it can feel a bit drying. But I am consuming it just as quickly as every other bar of soap I have ordered from FP.


The Scent:
A darkened old library filled with antiqued oak shelving, leather bound books, and secret parchment scrolls. A warm sun casts beams of light on parquet flooring, creating a resinous aroma of dark spices and herbs, sandalwood, vetiver, patchouli, and moss.
I saw at least one post about this scent, but I feel like there was more. She explains how she was attempting to encompass the library itself, an old building full of old scents, dark and resinous. And she does it beautifully. In the shower, this smells deeply of resins, like the old stain and lacquer on shelves. It’s not about the freshly cut wood scent, but about the smell of an antique desk, or rows upon rows of antique bookshelves and musty older books. It is a scent that one could wander through and glory in for a lifetime, if not at least every shower while the bar lasts.

Final Thoughts

I missed out on the whipped body butter, but believe me if it comes back in stock, I am snagging one up immediately. Did any of you manage to grab one? I’d love to know what you think of it! Or any of the other palm free oil soaps? With only one per customer, there are other scents that I have not gotten my hands on! Let us know if you have and what you think of it- We’d love to hear from you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment