Saturday, April 30, 2016

By Unknown


Future Primitive
Body Whip Comparison: Old vs New Formulas


If you’re crazy like I am, you follow your favorite companies on social media to get all the latest updates, flash sales and insider information. Between the first time I bought Body Whip, and the second time, FP announced a tweaking of their formula. So I thought we’d compare ingredients and see how different the lotions actually seem to be when applied.

First, let’s look at the ingredients:

Old Formula (in Rook & Raven)
Aqua, Vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, Olea europaea (olive) oil, Mangifera indica (mango) butter, Glycerol mono stearate, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) butter. Cetearyl alcohol, Limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, Vegetable glycerin, Olea europea (olive) wax, Panthenol, Parfum, Pogostemon cablin (patchouli) oil, Citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl glycol, *limonene, *linalool (*occurs naturally in essential oil).
New Formula (in Aphrodisia)
Aqua, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil, Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, Mangifera indica (mango) butter, Glycerol mono stearate, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) butter, Cetearyl alcohol, Limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, Vegetable glycerin, Olea europea (olive) wax, Panthenol, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl glycol, Benzyl alcohol, Benzyl benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellol, Hydroxymethylpentyl 3 Cyclohexenecarboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool.
Kristin adds: One of the main differences between the two is the oil base. The old formula was grape seed oil based and the new is sunflower oil based. Grape seed oil tends to be thinner and (at least for me) absorbs much quicker compared to the thicker sunflower oil.

So let’s talk texture. In terms of texture, I prefer the original formula. It’s a lot fluffier, much lighter and really feels very whipped. The new formula seems heavier, more like a normal lotion. The residue on the old formula is a little stickier for me after initial application; as that absorbs though, there isn't much difference between the two.

In terms of moisture, I actually prefer the new formula right now. When I first tried the new one, I preferred the old one all over for the texture. But my hands have been so ridiculously dry lately, that I cannot get enough moisture on them for my liking, which is why I currently much prefer the new formula right now. As it gets warmer out, I will probably switch back to the old formula for my pre-bedtime moisturizing, but for now, it’s way more about the heavy moistures.

Final Thoughts

If you felt like the old formula wasn’t quite moisturizing enough, check out the new formula. It might be what you’re looking for without going into crazy moisture land with the whipped body butter. If you really loved the old formula and don’t want to live without it, suck it up. Naw, I’m just kidding. Definitely check the new one out. I was retrying them while I wrote this blog to make sure my thoughts were still aligned with what was in my brain, and the apartment had gotten a little cold, and they both hardened a bit from the cold, and the texture difference wasn’t quite as noticeable until I started rubbing it. You may not even notice a difference between the new and old formula, which is always preferred. Have you compared the two? What are your thoughts? Let us know!


0 comments:

Post a Comment